Apply for SLAT
There are no admission requirements for the SLAT certificate program. The certificate is awarded upon completion of the course requirements, with the following conditions:
- International students whose first language is not English will be required to document a TOEFL score of 550 (old system) or 213 (new system), or to complete any required courses in Academic English for International Students (AEIS) as well as the WR 121 and WR 122/123 courses.
- The certificate is an add-on to a Bachelor’s degree. Therefore students interested in obtaining the SLAT certificate must be working towards a Bachelor’s degree.
- If the student is working toward the Bachelor’s degree, the certificate can be awarded only upon completion of the Bachelor’s degree.
Apply for the certificate when you apply for graduation:
- Confirm with your advisor that all certificate requirements will have been completed on schedule.
- File an on-line application (DuckWeb).
- In your DuckWeb graduation application, indicate that you are applying for the certificate by selecting “Second Language Acquisition and Teaching”.
Students interested in earning the undergraduate SLAT certificate should talk with a certificate advisor. Together, the student and advisor will track progress in the certificate.
You can get a certificate in more than one language by completing the language-specific course requirements and a separate internship for each language.