Welcome to SLAT
Interested in languages? Thought about becoming a language teacher?
There are over 6,500 languages spoken in the world today, and most people live with the daily reality of having to live and work with speakers of more than one language. There is tremendous pressure/desire to learn national and international languages, both in the US and around the world.
The Certificate in Second Language Acquisition and Teaching is available to both undergraduate and graduate students. It is great way to begin your training in the following areas:
- second language acquisition and teaching
- US elementary, middle and secondary jobs
- immersion schools
- teaching more than one language
- teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language
- international business
- area studies and linguistics
- language planning and policy
- multi-cultural and multi-lingual awareness
- immigration issues
- language diversity
- US residency and citizenship requirements